Unlock The GRE
Live/online hybrid class
Teacher: Jen Dziura
Sunday, September 9, 2015 - Sunday, November 15, 2015
Sunday in-person classes take place 12-3pm at 11 Broadway Suite 950, NYC (4/5 to Bowling Green, R to Whitehall, 2/3 to Wall St, 1 to Rector)
Tuesday and Thursday classes take place 8-9pm online and will be recorded so you can watch later.
Learn in a collaborative atmosphere, with hands-on and group activities, with a caring instructor who holds a perfect GRE score.
This class is oriented towards people who need some help with verbal, but who really need some help with math. (This, in my experience, represents the vast majority of American test takers.) The overall course hours will be spent approximately 1/3 on verbal and 2/3 on math.
About the Teacher
I'm a Real Person and You Can Talk to Me
Want to attend the first class for free? Want to schedule a phone consultation to see if this is right for you? Contact me.
What You'll Learn
The class will cover the following topics:
- Test-taking strategy
- Calculator tricks for the GRE
- Quantitative Comparison strategies
- Arithmetic (and how the GRE makes it hard!)
- Geometry and Coordinate Geometry
- Word Problems
- Probability and combinatorics
- Standard deviation and statistics
- Data Interpretation (charts and tables)
- Prime Numbers, Divisibility, and other "math logic" topics they don't teach you in school
- Vocabulary Practice
- Strategy for Sentence Equivalence and Text Completion problems
- Reading Comprehension strategies
- Strategies especially for science passages in Reading Comp
- Logic rules and logic-based reading comp
- Issue Essay strategies and practice
- Argument Essay strategies and practice
- Test stress reduction
You'll need these three books (buy on your own from Amazon or any major bookstore):
All other materials will be provided, including a 6-month membership to Magoosh, including over 1,000 online practice questions and over 200 video lessons.
Learning is Social
Have you ever taken a class as an adult and felt a little ridiculous that you're expected to sit silently and not talk to the person sitting next to you? Your classmates are supposed to be your compatriots in learning — sources of insight and support. It's easier to learn with friends. I design educational activities that allow you to collaborate and learn better, together.
Did you know that the number one factor correlated with student success is a positive relationship with a teacher?
Sign up for the class and you'll receive my personal cell phone number.
Unlike other classes that speed through material during every live class, this class uses online sessions for lecture-type material, to make sure you get real practice and real answers during our Sunday sessions. This class has been designed with your need for personal support in mind.
GRE is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service (ETS), which is not affiliated with Manhattan Scholarium.